Monday, April 9, 2012

Crab Legs are Best for Entertainment Purposes

I had to learn the hard way that crab legs are better for entertainment rather than consumption and of all times, over Easter weekend. Tyler and I trekked to my sister's in Bloomington, Indiana for the holiday weekend. It was about a four hour drive. Tyler drove, I slept. This is standard protocol for me in a car and Tyler recently has come to terms with this. I have 'car' and 'watching a movie' narcolepsy -- it is a problem.

On Saturday evening, Kinzie (my sister), Corey (my brother-in-law), Oliver (my adorable nephew), Tyler, and I all went to an early Easter church service.

On the Way to Church
We cruised past Red Lobster on the way to church and thought it would be a great idea to have dinner there since Tyler had never been there. Crazy, right?! I am surprised he's comfortable calling himself American before Saturday. Usually I go with Walt's Favorite Shrimp, but this time my sister and I decided to share the Sweet Chili Shrimp and Crab Legs. Fast forward about 6 hours and I was sick. I will spare you the details but I had the flu all Easter Eve and Day. I cannot prove or disprove that the crab legs caused my puking rally but you know how that goes. Anytime you get pukey whatever you ate last will forever make you ill just thinking about it. So let's just say I will never eat crab legs again.

Oliver had a great time with a crab leg so I don't totally regret going to RL and ultimately getting sick.

"What have we got here"

"You want some of this?"

"Mahhh"

"Sorry Daddy, I didn't mean it"

I think what was most hilarious about Oliver's show is that the crab leg is slightly reminiscent of Pepe the Prawn from the Muppet's, less the sweatshirt and cell phone.

(photo from www.Hotflick.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment